Snowden Publishing Books
Nurse Meredith’s Top Ten Most Memorable Cases
“Best New Health Book”
“Best Non-Fiction Narrative”
USA Book News
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work in patient’s homes as a private duty nurse?
Get ready for a rare inside view of tem of the most memorable cases from Nurse Meredith’s 30-year career. She takes you on an unforgettable journey that will make you laugh, cry, surprise you, sometimes shock you. And ultimately enlighten you about a nurse’s life, one that society typically takes for granted.
On the journey you will:
· See the challenges and difficulties a home care private duty nurse goes through just to get to her patient’s bedside.
· Discover the various sources of the difficulties and challenges that sometimes seem like the front lines of a war.
· Navigate through the bullets, landmines, and roadblocks to provide the care that patients so desperately need and the author so desperately wants to give.
· Feel the joys of triumph, and agonizing defeats, of Nurse Meredith.
· Renew your spirit and appreciation of others.
“EYE-OPENING. ENTERTAINING. MOVING.”
Meredith V. Downes, RN has been been a Registered Professional Nurse for more than 30 years. She has worked in hospitals where she was assigned to medical-surgical units, orthopedics, oncology, pediatrics, the ICU and the ER. She has worked in nursing homes, psychiatric hospitals, as a jail nurse, and has worked on hundreds of cases as a private-duty home-care nurse. Here, she offers you ten of her most memorable private duty home care cases. Fasten your seat belts for an unforgettable journey!
Book ships early January 2013.